7lb in 7 Days - A Detox Diary

Thursday, June 22, 2006


Right now I'd usually be settling down to a lovely chunk of blue cheese with a big (huge) glass of wine. Instead, today I have... you guessed it, Lemon Tea! Can't say I'm missing the wine, but I am starting to get a craving for steamed white fish over rice.. Odd..

You'll be pleased to know, dear reader, that my 'other' worries are over... Dropped the kids at the pool this afternoon, before my bike ride. Quite a releif..

I've been feeling a little dizzy/headachey all day, but nothing uncomfortable. I exercised morning, noon and finished the day with a lovely long bike ride around the park.

Today I ate
1 Lemon Tea (I tried it with mint.. won't do that again)
1 JM Super Juice1 Turbo Juice (I added Psyllium Husk powder to this.. won't be doing that again - it became a gelatinous green mess in seconds)
1 Passion 4 Juice. This was my first of these. Delicious, and a little thinner than the rest.
1 Lemon Tea

I was asked today about 'progress'. I'm kind of reluctant to answer as I don't feel like I could have lost any 'real' weight at this stage (is that even the objective here? I'm feeling more like the objective is to detox and start with a blank sheet, and energy and knowledge of what's good and what's not). With the summer heat, I'm confident that just the exercise I've been doing will see my weight drop by the end of the week.

I'm feeling good, confident, and excited about the next few days. Big problem is, I have to travel next week. There's no way I can take the juicer or enough prepared juice for the next stage. Big problem. I chatted to Joe at the West Side Markets in Cleveland and he's assured me that they have a juicer and enough fruit and veg to take care of me. I'll let you know how I go.

Today's Lessons:
Don't add too much Psyllium to the Turbo - bit of a mess..
Patience is a virtue
Don't ride your bike with your mouth open (do flies count as 'solid' food?)

6 Comments:

  • This diet sounds like it is (surprisingly) giving you quite a bit of energy. I might have to try it myself as I have a wedding dress to fit into in a few weeks that could use a bit (truthfully a lot) more roominess!
    Please let me know how it works. You're right though, the idea really is to detox...
    As for portability, can you make the juices ahead of time and pack them in a cooler bag (and then put them in the fridge when you get to cleveland?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 AM  

  • Ed - you are my hero! I think I would be dreaming about the first thing I would eat when the detox was over.... I suppose it is somewhat restrictive at first.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • Super effort Teddy Edward...... keep up the good work........I did not know you had any kids.......?
    PS I dont think the photos look too bad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

  • Who calls me 'Teddy Edward'? Please identify yourself!?

    By Blogger Ed, at 11:41 AM  

  • can you pour the juiced liquid into a blender, add ice and make smoothies? That may be a way to get more water in your diet and prevent dehydration.
    (or does the juicemaster have the capability of mixing in ice...?)
    by the way, I think you should try this and make a juice smoothie for your cousin. she sounds lovely.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 PM  

  • Hey Anonymous. Yes, you can do exacctly that. In fact many of the juices I've tried have a blender stage where you add ice, avocado and powders such as wheatgrass and power greens. It adds to the washinng up unfortunately, but when there are already 5 or 6 juicy components, another 1 or 2 doesn't really matter.
    I'll be sure to make up a batch for my coousin, but how do you know she's a she?

    By Blogger Ed, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home